The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
- The candidate will be responsible for daily transactions in the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable applications. Will be tasked with ensuring that all accounts payable transactions are posted in a timely manner and that proper approval has been received prior to posting them in the general ledger.
- This includes matching purchase orders and vendor invoices to receivers, obtaining proper approval for all invoices from department managers, coding expenses properly in the general ledger, scheduling and completing semi-monthly check runs, ensuring that all checks are entered into the accounting system, and contacting vendors to reconcile discrepancies.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable collection calls, as appropriate. Will be responsible for timely and accurately filing of A/P and A/R paperwork.
- In charge of monthly account reconciliations, including bank reconciliation and accrual accounts; month-end journal entries, and closing of each module within Quickbooks
- Prepare invoices through Quickbooks
- Work with Payroll Clerk to make sure payroll is handled properly