Falls can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere. For this reason, understanding how to manage balance and falling in the elderly is essential.
Innovative Online Marketplace for Senior Care
MeetCaregivers intelligently matches seniors with the perfect caregivers, services, products, & technology they need.
Personal protective equipment, testing, and more for your family.
MeetCaregivers is on a mission to bring you high quality goods, services, and technology for all your care needs.
Our products represent the best in senior care. We’ve carefully researched and vetted all providers and services to ensure that only the best are made available to our customers.
Hours of care booked
As Seen In
MeetCaregivers has a mission to make caregiving services more widely available to those who need them most. See how we aim to reach this goal.
As seasoned industry entrepreneurs and successful operators, Glueck and Somers will focus on building out the company’s Medicare Advantage business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Home care refers to a wide variety of non-medical services delivered in the home to help recipients age in place or recover from an illness, injury, or manage a disability, such as:
- Personal care, such as bathing, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Errand running and transportation assistance.
- Household tasks, such as laundry, light housework, and meal preparation.
Home health care refers to various healthcare services delivered in the home. In-home health services are more affordable, convenient, and beneficial than a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
In addition to companionship and personal care, home health professionals have the training and licensing to administer medications and assist with other medical needs, such as:
- Physical, speech, or occupational therapy
- Medication administration and injections
- Health exams
- Vital sign monitoring
- Wound care
We provide a broad range of low- and high-touch care services, including:
- In-home care and companionship to reduce isolation
- Appointment scheduling and reminders
- Medication management and administration
- Prescription fulfillment
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation assistance
- Home technology setup assistance (virtual family meetings, telemedicine, etc.)
- Home safety assessments, repair scheduling, and obstacle removal
- Completed activity tracking through the MeetCaregivers Care Portal
- Bathing, mobility, transfers, lifting, and toileting (not offered by most providers)
- GPS-tracking verification
- And more
Our network includes CNAs, HHAs, RNs, and LPNs with the skills and credentials to meet seniors’ diverse needs, from skilled medical care for chronic conditions to non-medical support for activities of daily living.
We employ all caregivers in our network, so we pay them directly. We also manage care coordination and administrative responsibilities such as:
- Matching and scheduling
- Payroll and benefits
- Workers’ compensation and liability insurance
Medicaid coverage for home care is available in every state. In addition, many state Medicaid programs provide personal care services for non-medical needs such as dressing and bathing. However, some states offer the Community First Choice (CFC) option, which provides in-home personal care services to support activities of daily living (ADLs).
Likewise, Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waivers may also offset costs associated with skilled nursing care provided in the home, such as hospice, respite, durable medical equipment (DME), home modifications, and more.
Medicare will fully cover up to 60 days of home care services that meet the following conditions:
- The recipient is homebound.
- A doctor orders the services under a plan of care.
- The approval occurs from a documented, in-person doctor’s appointment between 30 and 90 days after services start.
- A Medicare-approved agency provides the services.
Available home care benefits include services such as:
- Home health aides
- Skilled nursing care
- Medical social services
- Durable medical equipment
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapy
Medicare does not cover services such as:
- Meal delivery
- 24/7 home care
- Personal care (when it is the only type of care needed)
- Household services not included in the care plan (i.e., shopping, housework, laundry, etc.)
You can schedule appointments with MeetCaregivers online or over the phone. To arrange services online, visit our Find A Caregiver page and complete the form.
This form asks questions about various areas such as care needs, personality, schedule requests, and payment. Our companion matching system uses your answers to find a caregiver who aligns with your preferences.
When we find a match, we will contact you or your loved one and arrange a caregiver meet-and-greet. If approved, we will coordinate between you and the caregiver.
If you don’t have internet access, you can call our phone number, and we will manually enter your information into our platform. We then follow up with you over the phone to confirm the appointment.
MeetCaregivers sources applications through our website and screens candidates on multiple dimensions, including:
- Work experience
- Caregiving knowledge
- And much more
In addition, we conduct reference checks, criminal background inquiries, and driving history reports to ensure they are in good standing in each state.
After their hiring, all our companions receive thorough onboarding training that includes HIPAA training, safety precaution/fall prevention, emergency procedures, appropriate interactions with patients, patient and family advanced directive planning, and legally required training as necessary.